Carroll’s Creek Water Authority is looking to hire a full time Grade 1 water operator.
- Must have valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Must have a good ethical work habit.
- Ability to operate equipment to repair, install or maintain utility meters, lines, services, and fire hydrants, Transports equipment, drives dump truck and backhoe.
- Ability to operate minor construction and automotive equipment on occasion or relief basis, and use power tools.
- Subject drug testing and background check
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or push 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Must have a strong ability to follow oral and written instructions, which includes read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at the level required for successful job performance.
- Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of day-to-day operations.
- Maintains supplies and inventory for maintenance operations.
- Responsible for customer communication and complaint resolutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees and the general public.
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7
- Works after hours, weekends, and holidays, in varying weather conditions, to repair the water/wastewater system, or any other utility emergency situation.
- Possess, or the ability to possess Grade 1 Water Operator License for State of Alabama
- Possess, or the ability to possess, a valid Class A CDL
- Hourly rate of pay is based on experience.
- Benefits include Company Truck, BC/BS insurance, Alabama State Retirement, Personal time, and Holidays
from 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Drop off application and/or resumes in office or email to email@example.com